Sunday, October 26, 2008

I can buy you beer now...

To all those who are not aware, I am now able to purchase you some beer or other alcoholic beverages! I will not do so...but I COULD if I so pleased. Just for all of you to know.

Alright, so after the week started with a Bang of Poop Water and Froomie reunions, it only continued to get better....Tuesday, we all returned to the Southern Utah University to engage in our educational endeavors. Tuesday evening was filled by a most exciting ASL (American Sign Language for all you non-signers) exam which Lauren, Jessica and I all aced. Some more acing and others. Nonetheless, we all did rather well. Then we played some ASL games in class where Lauren and Jessica were on Team 4 and I was on Team 1 (the winning team). The only REAL reason we won was because someone from Team 1, (some silly named Lauren Johnson) cheated. Yes, folks. C.H.E.A.T.E.D. But, the atonement is for everyone, as Brother Mark Johnson has so kindly taught us. Anyways, getting back to the evening...After ASL, Lauren and Jessica mysteriously disappeared to run an "errand". While Lessica (Lauren and Jessica) did their secret deeds, Gabby and Abish met me at Taco Tuesdays....a genius invention of the Del Taco Corporation to feed college students for very little currency. We sat, we ate, we were so rudely interrupted by some goons knocking on the window of the Del Taco Establishment...it was Lessica! Lessica joined us! So, we enjoyed our tacos and conversation as a little family! after tacos, it was some light baking and off to bed to rest ourselves for what was sure to be the most exciting Wednesday the world has ever seen!

So the children of Apartment 14 were nestled all snug in their beds, while visions of birthday parties danced in our heads...

Then, the blessed day arrived!!!

Around 5:30am, my tired eyes opened to a noise coming from just outside my bedroom....A crinkling noise followed by the distinct sound of scotch tape...tender...my roommates love me enough to tape me into my room with streamers on my 21st birthday. I returned to my slumber and woke a couple of hours later ready for the day!I woke with what seemed to be a renewed view of life! I was 21...I could buy booze...i wouldn't, but i could. Life was good. Downstairs, the house was covered with balloons and the cookies we had baked for our institute class waited for me on the counter. I grabbed the cookies and I was off to see my Birthday Buddy Gabby and to bask in the glow of the Gospel of institute....As a i reached my car, I noticed the writing. I have a fairly large car. It is a Saturn Vue, a mid size SUV type thing which has rather large windows. on each window there was something different written in a sunny yellow window marker...messages included "21!", Hot! Stars and hearts and even, in huge writing on the back, "Honk! It's My 21st B-Day!"...This was going to make for an interesting ride to school...
Having received many Birthday Honks from the kind folks of Cedar City, all of which I thanked with an awkward but sincere wave, I arrived safely and the Building of the Institute of Religion. Ready to see my pal and to pass out some cookies!...but alas. Class had been canceled because of some very unfortunate health problems with my teacher's father. After grieving and wishing the best for Brother Garner and his father, I was suddenly faced with the dilemma of what to do with three dozen pumpkin adorned sugar cookies. So as people arrived to go to class, i informed them of the misfortune....and that they could have a cookie if they wished! So Gabby and I passed out some cookies and made some friends...who wouldn't want to be friends with girls who made such cute cookies, i ask??
After the passing out of our cookies, with a free hour on our hands now, Gabby and I went for a delicious lunch at the ever loved Pastry Pub...where we encountered a man on rollerblades awkwardly feeding a woman he sat across from, a heavenly smelling man and an array of much more pleasant music than we normally find at this establishment.

The day progressed with some homework doing, some cookie eating, some cake ordering and some Enrichment Night attending. Lauren Jean made us a delicious dinner of Navajo tacos...mmmm.

Then, when Jessica returned from her Place of Business (Chinatown), the festivities really began!
We broke out the bubbly (cider, folks), the delicious "top secret recipe" cake Lauren made, and of course...Presents!!

















Presents included:
Jewelery (approximately 987 pieces)
2 purses (both adorable)
2 DVD's (Iron Man and one called Slackers)
1 Fondue Pot
1 Fondue cookbook so I know what to do with the fondue pot
$$$...always appreciated
3 Tubular 80's Cd's
Lots of Cards!!

Thanks all for the birthday Love...Much appreciated.

Thanks Birthday Buddy for another great year!

1 comment:

LeAnne said...

Funny about your post to my blog. I was just thinking about thst. Since you're an offical adult now we should do some travelin'...and if you can graduate in under 7 years maybe i'll think about it. Better start a travel fund now...but no Sheboygen, I'd rather go to Yemen.