Monday, November 10, 2008

The color of money...

After months and months of fighting with the kind yet somewhat incompetent folks at Sun Trust Bank...It has arrived.

Saturday, around 3:30 in the afternoon...My Froomies checked the missive box. They returned to our home and Lauren exclaimed rather excitedly, "Ashleigh, I think today is your lucky day..."

You see, for several weeks now...several months now to be honest...I have been saying that "today is the day!" And when a froomie checks the mail, they are so kind as to check for anything from AES (American Education Services) addressed to me....and it happened that EVERYDAY for the past week and a half, I have received an envelope from these blokes...EVERYDAY I received a letter confirming the amount of my loan, or a letter telling me when my next disbursement will be, or a letter telling me that Sun Trust Bank is being lame and must send me a billion pieces of mail before they can mail my actual check. Seriously....

But...on Saturday, it came!!
Yes folks. A check. Made out to me. In the amount of $10,000

So, now that I can pay off my credit cards that I was forced to put my tuition on, buy some winter clothes and buy groceries that aren't ramen and cereal...life is good.

More news. Today, I went to the humble Cedar City Department of Motor Vehicles and officially gave up my Colorado UNDER 21 license for a Utah OVER 21 license. That's right folks, after voting in Colorado, I was willing to go ahead and work towards my Utah residency...soon to be a true Utah mormon....sorry Lauren....I know those words make you cringe a little.

1 comment:

LeAnne said...

Oh no! Not a Utah Mormon! Just kidding, congrats. You even look cute for your photo. I am so glad your check finally came, just be careful and not do too many frivilous expenditures.