Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Holly Jolly Jibblets....

This is a long one guys...it has been a while...


So the semester ended with a BIZANG! With a winter blizzard, ward gathering, carol singing, exam taking (and re-taking for a certain roomie), and an unforgettable Roomie Christmas Morning (which can be viewed here or here...why put it up three times right?), the semester truly ended in style.

After presents were opened, breakfast burritos were eaten and hot chocolate was downed, the packing commenced. In true procrastinators style, Gabby and I both decided not to even start packing until Friday morning...the same day we left, coincidentally. So we packed and packed, got a little distracted by a certain Adolf Hitler book (ahem, thanks again Jess), and by 1pm or so, we were ready to hit the open road.

After precariously parking Gabby's car in a spot that was visible to the managers and Mr. Banks and less visible to a certain other stereo-blasting inhabitant of the complex, we hit the road. The three hours or so between Cedar and Provo were filled with more laughter than is probably safe to have in a vehicle moving 75 mph down a highway. But nonetheless, we made it to Provo with laugh lines on our faces and bodies completely unharmed. We pulled into the University Mall for a quick stop at See's quality candies. Gabby needed presents for the Fam. Somehow, on the way to See's quality candies since 1921, we managed to stop at VS and some random little kiosk for some very important and utterly necessary purchases. I am positive my life would be less complete without said items.

The rest of the evening included dinner at the ever delicious Mimi's Cafe, playing with a favorite 3 year old and his action figures (whom we named Chuck Norris, Darrell... pronounced like Duh-Rell... and Cartel.),Hot chocolate and Christmas lights (with informative commentary) with Lauren Jean, and even a trip to the Distribution Center where we met a very handsome man who served his Mish in Brazil and had very pretty eyes and wore very stylish attire and had a very cute smile...and a ring on his left hand. Sigh. Hazard of Utah.

At nights end, Gabby fell asleep on the floor with impressive speed and I followed after a little chat with the mother.

The following day, we both boarded planes to Denver...separate planes, but both headed to the Mile High City. Of course, I would stay there in my hometown and Gabby would catch her connecting flight and continue onto Billings....or so we thought. Due to weather in Big Sky Montana, Gabby's flight was canceled. Fate would have it that I had not yet left the airport. So, we met up once again for what was sure to be an adventure.

Oh was it ever. Because my mom had to work, I was going to take a shuttle home (possibly sitting next to the skin head white supremacist who was in line ahead of me...swastika tatt included ). But after contemplating the options, we decided that we should call a friend. We called Peggy (bless her heart). Peggy is an old friend of my moms and is somewhat like a second mother to me. She is the kindest most hilarious stereotypical New York Jewish woman you could ever hope to meet. So Peggy picked us up, proved my knowledge of the Jewish faith (no joke. quiz me on it) to Gabby and dropped us off safely at my home. Thanks again, Peggy.

Because Gabby had no luggage, we made a quick trip to target for some pajams, underoos and some clean clothes (we may or may not have been wearing the same clothes for 2 days at this point).

I will point out that when I come home for Christmas, I drive this:Fun right? Convertibles are always fun! But keep in mind that I live in Denver. Where it snows. A lot. This car is VERY fun in the summer time, however not so much in the winter. It is kinda tiny and low to the ground, making any snow less than awesome to drive in. Not to mention it is a Manual Transmission. I drove a stick for 4 years. My first car was a stick. My current car is not. Needless to say, I am a little out of practice. After only killing it once, and only a couple of awkward revs of the engine, I had the hang of it once again. Cake.

So after Target, a much needed trip to Fazzoli's, some even more needed showers and a quick check of the weather, Gabby was once again asleep in no time and I decided that with the blizzard brewing outside and the fact that I had to have Gabby at the airport at 4:30am for her 6am flight (thats right...really? Sheesh child.) it was probably in my best interest not to go to sleep for only an hour and a half, but to instead guzzle a Diet Mountain Dew and start scraping off the car.

Around 3:30, I woke Gabby up and we headed to the airport again. This time, the flight was on schedule. Good sign. The drive to the airport was slow, but uneventful. The drive back wasn't quite so. A little 360 in the middle of an offramp will make anyone wet their pants a little right? Right??

So with Gabby gone and the snow falling, Winter Break began.

Thus far, it has been utterly uneventful. I have watched 787 movies, slept 437 hours and been out of the house at least a half dozen times I would say.

Although I say it has been boring, I will say that I had a true life encounter with Darrell (I will post the story at another time), had some good laughs, purchased and viewed The Forgotten Carols and have enjoyed just being home.

It is now Officially Christmas Eve Eve!!

Merry Christmas, Happy Hanukkah and of Course Happy Kwanzaa too.



Oh Yeah, the title of this post really has nothing to do with anything other than it makes me laugh and think of Jess.

2 comments:

Jess said...

Holly Jolly Jibblets? hahahaha HILARIOUS. Come back early to play with me. We can drink ourselves silly on New Year's!... *crickets* Or something? You know you want to.

Hey Jude! said...

I enjoy the name of your blog. It makes me laugh.

I thought I should show my blog stalking face and let you know I read your blog.