Tuesday, March 3, 2009

All in a Tuesday Afternoon...

I am looking out my front window at this:

Okay, not EXACTLY this, but you get the picture.

So now for the story...

(because I don't really know too much about the law and witness protection and confidentiality procedures, some names in this little tale have been changed.)

This morning I arose and did the same things I have done every other Tuesday since January of this year. I got up. Got dressed (Jeans, Blue sweater with yellow cami, brown loafer shoes). Did my hair (curly today). And headed to Institute. Oh how I love Institute.

After Institute, I had to head back to my apartment for a quick IM conversation with my Mother Dearest due to nonworking phone. Verizon Customer Service didn't make a super first impression, but because I love my phone, I have forgiven and forgotten...now that my phone works again.

After sorting things out with Mother Dearest and Verizon, I headed back to the Institute to pick up Gabby for some lunch and chatting. As I sat in the Institute lounge and Gabby waked towards me, we heard several police sirens and witnessed three speeding police cars heading West on Center Street...yes, in the direction of our home!

But alas, we were hungry and didn't think much of it. So we headed for some Grub.

In the line at Quiznos (who makes the tiniest "Sammies"...seriously, infant sized.), I received a call from our friend and Neighbor, Bradley*. Upon my answering, Bradley asked, "Do you know what's going on?"

"Going on with what?" I said.
"Have you looked out your window? There are about 8 cop cars in the parking lot!" Bradley exclaimed.
"Oh heavens! The Cops were headed to our complex!" I said turning to Gabby. "Bradley, if you find out what is going down, let us know!"

Obviously, because we are the nosy people we are, we asked to make our "for her" order a "to go" order. We had some gossip to gather!!

When we pulled into the apartment complex, there were six police cars that I could see. Something. Was. Going. Down.

Playing it cool, like we were just coming home for some lunch, Gabby and I walked into the house and left the door open. We texted Bradley to come fill us in when he could.

He did. To make a long story short, apparently one of the guys who works for the managers of my Apartments doing handy work etc. is in a bit of trouble. We will call him Frank*. The story goes that and undercover police officer walked up to Frank and said "Frank, you know who I am, we need to talk."

Frank didn't want to talk apparently. Instead, he punched the officer and ran. The officer whipped out his gun and started chasing him. So, naturally Frank lets himself into an apartment 2 doors down from me (NOT HIS APARTMENT) and locks himself in, jumps out the window in the back and starts running toward the freeway.

Now, I am not Frank. Nor do I know what was going on in Frank's mind. But I am smart enough to know that punching, then running from a cop, can really only get Frank into bigger trouble.

So now Frank is missing. And of course because he works for the apartment complex, he has keys to all of the apartments. Awesome.

Thus the dogs. Now the precious (and ferocious?) pooches are searching dumpsters, under cars and in apartments surrounding me. Wicked.

As I put my blue sweater on this morning, I only THOUGHT today was going to be just another Tuesday.

Oh how wrong I was...

2 comments:

Natalie said...

Awesome story! Keep it up, I'm on bed rest for the next week so I need good stuff to read. :D

Anonymous said...

OH MY GOSH. it FREAKED me out today when i came back from class and saw cops everywhere and dogs and madness and.... yeah.... SCARY!