Thursday, March 12, 2009

I should have seen the sign...



"I should have seen the signs!"


Most of the time, this phrase is said between the sobs of a cheated on wife or a mother who has just discovered her baby boy is dealing the dope...Most of the time, it is said in a figurative way.

I am not saying it in a figurative way.

I literally wish I had seen the sign!! To be specific, I wish I had seen THIS SIGN:
This sign sits at the edge of our Apartment Complex Parking lot. It says something to the effect of "If you don't live here, you don't have the special little sticker on your car, and you can't park here." I am paraphrasing of course.

On Tuesday Night, I should have seen this sign.

So here is the story:

Just as a little background information, my church calling is the Relief Society Librarian. My duties include attending the material center for one hour every Sunday, and aiding the Relief Society in any of their material needs during the week. This includes copies. I know. My calling is pivotal to the functioning of the church!

On Tuesday night, I had several things to copy. So I pulled out my special "DO NOT COPY" key to the church and headed over to do some Xeroxin'.

Gabby decided to come along, seeing as she was the one that needed copies.

So we headed to the church! Because our building is being renovated to accommodate more members, we are currently using the so very conveniently located church building that is right next door. See picture for an idea of just how close this new place of Worship is.

I walk to and from the church probably at least three times a week on average.

As we reached the end of the parking lot and were just stepping on the curb to round the corner, Gabby was in the lead and I was walking with my head down....

Then she heard a big bang...

She turned around to find me clutching my forehead in pain...and confusion.

Somehow, I had run my forehead straight into the bottom edge of the sign! I still don't really know how it all happened!

So I was left with this little present and a concussion. Wicked.




The picture doesn't really do it justice. The goose egg, the dizziness, nausea and impaired vision can't quite be captured with my trusty Kodak Point and Shoot...

But you get the idea...


I am a Klutz.







on the bright side, Spring Break starts at 2:51 pm tomorrow!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

OH MY OUCH! that looks painful.... but hey, it could be worse. ...right? my friend did the same thing and hit her eye. had stitches and everything. it was such a mess. but still! i hope that heals up ok!

Natalie said...

Niiiiiiiiiiiiice. I can honestly say I wish I had seen one particular sign myself once! Sorry about the owey, hope it heals quickly. :D

Kate said...

holy crap! I thought you were going to write about getting a ticket for parking in the wrong spot, or something like that.

hope you have a fun spring break!!! with no major headaches

:(

Becca said...

Oh my gosh. You poor poor thing. That is totally something I would do.